Baguio Trip With Office Friends 2015

Friend 1: "Nasa Baguio na ba tayo?"
Friend 2: (Slides hand out of the car's window, feeling the air) "Malamig na. Oo, Baguio na tayo."


There are 7,107 islands in the Philippines. 7,107 places to visit, each boasting unique customs, delicacies, attractions, and ways of living. Though visiting all 7,107 islands may be close to impossible, for the past years of my traveler's life, I've been keen not to travel the same place twice, thinking about the thousands other islands I should be heading out to instead.


I've visited the country's summer capital last 2012 with my then officemates, then visited it again July of this year as a side trip to my day hike tour in Ampuclao Ridge in Benguet. The second time, I didn't mind much because I was just sorta passing by although I still enjoyed the afternoon I spent there. Baguio is one of my favorite cities, you see. But going back for the third time? I had some internal battles with this.


But on November 28, 2015, I found myself walking along the road to Ateneo de Manila University where I will be meeting my office friends before heading out to the city of pines.


What's with the change of heart? Well, it was my friend's words saying, "First time naman na kami kasama mo." He has a point. The matter was settled. Off we go to Baguio City.


The ride was not smooth. Traffic was horrible because it was the long weekend, leading to Bonifacio Day come November 30, 2015 (Monday). It was a little past 10 in the evening when I found myself in great awe at the beautiful house we would be staying at for the weekend. It was the rest house of one of my office friends, Adelle. Her parents waited for us and she welcomed us warmly into their home.


We weren't able to start early the following day as we planned. There have been some domestic circumstances that led us to set out for the day without having our most-craved shower. Although we shrug this off, thinking that since it's cold in Baguio, we didn't sweat much and that we didn't smell at all. Well, it's us convincing ourselves to believe so.


Good morning from Baguio City!



 Preparing our breakfast be like. :)



Yummehh~~



Before setting off for the day, we took loads of pictures. We fell hard for the place. Sooo beautiful! :)








with Drea. :)




Breakfast done, off we went to Arca's Yard. A few steps away from Adelle's abode to quench their coffee craving.





Next we went to Wright Park which was the nearest attraction from the house aside from the Mansion. Though this is my third time in the city, this is my first time to ride a horse, well in my case, a pony, stabbing a joke at my petite physique. Anyway, I don't mind it much. The 5-year-old pony and me worked together quite well with a few fast strides that could slightly be mistaken for gallops if you're looking closely. Hehe. The caretaker kept on urging me to hit my pony to make it run, but I'm cool with the slow and chill stride.


Here we are posing for the camera before setting off alone. Yup, alone! The caretaker taught me how to steer the pony then let me be alone with the gentle beast.




A little over 15 minutes later, I was told that I have one lap left and though it was still very early for the 30-minute rented time, I didn't complain. My butt's already hurting and I think I've had enough of the same circle we've been walking round and round.


After Wright Park, we headed to SM to park then walked our way down Session Road to have lunch at Sizzling Plate in my suggestion. I told them about my favorite Chocolate Leche Flan and they were more than willing to try it, making me a happy and excited kid. And yes, they loved it! :)


Waiting for our food be like..


Here we go!


Heaven in a serving. :)




Hunger satiated, we walked the remaining of Session Road and headed to our destination: Burnham Park. Here we cycled like kids (maybe this is just me, hehe). I haven't cycled for at least 14 years and the idea just gives me great excitement and the fulfillment of it made me giddy and definitely happy. This time, again, we didn't eat up all the rented time for again, we grew tired and frankly speaking, my butt still hurts from the pony ride.




Jerone and Adelle sitting guard after Adelle spotted some guy staring at Drea's legs. :3


'Tis how we kill time while waiting for the Night Market. :P



At the night market, Drea bought some tops, Adelle bought a pair of socks, and Jerone bought some key chains for his girls. I, on the other hand, loved one particular beanie hat but decided against buying it.


Not long after, we headed back to Adelle's place where I quickly dozed off even against my friends' protests that I eat first.


Second and last day in Baguio. Love the breakfast at the front yard the most. A wonderful way to start the day and cap off the short visit at this lovely home. :)


Then we went back to Arca's Yard. :)


This time, I took some photos. Look at how beautiful the exterior is and how interesting the interior is. :)









As this is our last day in the city, we also allot this day for buying "pasalubong". Off we set for Mines View Park. On our way there, we marveled at this high quality art, made by human hands, and carved on a living tree. I'm surprised that this is the first time I chanced seeing this. Wow! Just WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Days in Seoul: Day 3 - Nami Island, Petite France, and Myeongdong (Part 2 of 3)

Petite France, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea From Nami Island to Petit France, we simply rode the ferry back out then walked back to ...