Apo Reef Beachineering 2016: Day 3 (FINAL)



The second morning in the island is as pleasant as the first. Only, this time, we're preparing to pack our things and leave all these beauty behind.


The first thing I did was wash up. I didn't get to catch the sunrise for I stayed up until past 1 in the morning. The air was dead and it was so humid that sleeping inside the tent became too impossible for me.


I laid down to sleep at around 9:30 pm. Got a little but the heat and mosquitoes suffocated me and drove me out of the tent. The next morning, I learnt that they lit and flew sky lanterns while I was busy catching sleep. Sad.


So back to my story. Dada and Camille went back to the tent and told me what fun event I missed. This time, they're sleeping and I'm going out of the tent. Couldn't stand the heat anymore. I sat on the swing facing the sea and was shortly joined by the rest of the group who are still up, enjoying the night.


Talks. Exchange of stories. Music. Laughter. It was fun. :)


The night deepens and still the humidity wouldn't let up. When the group finally broke, I took my place by the beach once again, enjoying the cool sand on my back and the stars entertaining my eyes.


Thoughts of sleeping in the open occurred. I tried. But every time I fell asleep for a few seconds, I would jolt awake. I can't. I'm too guarded to do that. With heavy eyes and head, I walked back to the tent and tried to sleep.


All that drama done, I still went out to welcome the new day! :)


Our bags packed and boarded on the boat, we pose for the camera as a group. Here are the people I spent this wonderful weekend and shared this awesome experience with. :)

The sun was nothing less then brutal! But hey, we're still smiling. :)

Before leaving the island, we swim some more. :)

Trained navigator. Standing firm like that while the boat is running, he guided us all to our destination. Kewl!

2 and a half hours after, we are, once more, in Sablayan Port. There we washed up (finally not salty water this time), changed clothes, and really got ready to head back home. But before that, we drove back to the local market and filled our stomachs with lunch.

The hanging bridge which can be easily seen from our seat in one of the karinderyas.


Now we're definitely heading home. Inside the van, I saw this and couldn't let the chance pass to take a photo of this cute Polphin. Mehehehe



Can't recall the time we left Sablayan and headed to Abra de Ilog but it's almost dark when we get there. Again, we hunted for food. While waiting for the others to gather around the van, I was exchanging stories with my fellow travelers. Here are the things I learned:


1. I really do relate to older people. It's way easier for me to converse with them, share their humor, and even their likes and dislikes.
2. I found out that they too, crave for veggies while we were served only meat on the island and found so little veggie dishes in the 2 ports.
3. They too, sleep early and wake up early.


On this trip, I learned that I really am as content and happy on my own as I can be with the company of people. While in the island, I think I talked less. I actually missed talking. Hehe. But I'm fine. I'm okay. I welcomed the silence that came from me and I enjoy the noise from laughter and excited voices from my fellow travelers.


This trip, definitely, is one of my faves! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Days in Seoul: Day 3 - Nami Island, Petite France, and Myeongdong (Part 2 of 3)

Petite France, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea From Nami Island to Petit France, we simply rode the ferry back out then walked back to ...