The Day My Smile Changed... (Reposted)

     The day intended for my dental check-up in the preparation of me having dental braces turned into a day that would be marked red on my personal calendar. Yesterday, October 23, 2011, I had my dental braces attached, and so, changes my smile for the rest of my existence. Read on to know of the whole account. ;D

     It was past 1pm when I arrived at the De Castro-Suba Dental Clinic in Palangoy, Binangonan, Rizal--a place foreign to me. Assessment eat up only half an hour to educate me about my teeth, their problems, and the solutions Dra. Imelda is going to apply to correct them. Why go all the way to Binagonan, Rizal if I reside in Antipolo, you ask? Well, simply because of their 15k promo for upper and lower braces plus cleaning, pasta, and tooth extraction if there's a need to. Stubborn as I really am, I didn't agree of her extracting one of my fine tooth to give space for the (sungki) I wish to be corrected. My eager stubbornness won and she just settled on trimming some of my tooth (decreasing its size to give space for the one tooth that is as stubborn as me). That settled, (cause I am bent on not having an extraction no matter what happens) we went on the creating of the mold of my upper and lower set of teeth.

     The awesome part of having your mold is that you get to have a clone of your teeth and see the state your teeth really is in. Well, the not-so side is, I almost choked when she inserted the mouthful (it's a mouthful, okay? it's difficult for people with small mouths as me) of paste in my mouth, press it up to get the shape, then pull it down to take it out. That's done, I wish I've taken the mold with me as a souvenir and remembrance of my teeth.

Here's the upper one I got to take a picture of.


     Cleaning and Pasta took an hour. The other Dentist-in-charge then let me rest for a while since the attachment of the brackets would take 3 to 4 hours according to her--I better rest my jaw to prepare for that.

     Then the time has come. But before that, here's a picture of me with a widener to keep my mouth open during the whole procedure. I played with it a bit. ;D



Here's my final smile without the metal.





And here's my current smile. ;D





     Would I trigger the metal detector if I pass one? I can tell you this for certain, I pity myself now that I can't eat solid food, huhu. I can't chew so I can only eat soup and soupy meal. Thanks to my grand mother, Nanay, for seeing that our dinner last night is with broth even though the pork was really intended for adobo.

     First, the tattoo; then, my shortest hair cut; and now, this. What's gonna come next? Cold Wave!

I posted this blog last October 24, 2011 wishing only to share the news about me having my dental braces attached. Apparently, this same blog is viewed by some potential patient of the De Castro-Suba Dental Clinic as imposing negative comments about the said clinic. I wanna set things straight by saying that I don't intend for the readers of this blog to resent the good doctors of De Castro-Suba. They are good doctors and good people on that note. I apologize if I phrased myself the wrong way--used the wrong words, and not be able to express myself correctly. I've deleted the phrase that's suspected to bring about negative statement about them. Again, my sincere apologies. 

It's only been three months but here's a photo of the current state of my teeth. As you can see, the lower set are aligned now. I'm grateful.





Xerlynjoy Lanaza
January 24, 2012 10:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Days in Seoul: Day 3 - Nami Island, Petite France, and Myeongdong (Part 2 of 3)

Petite France, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea From Nami Island to Petit France, we simply rode the ferry back out then walked back to ...